Tuesday, October 09, 2012

TV Week Fall Preview 2012 - Part 2

The second Fall Preview issue of TV Week magazine is the Returning Series issue. Being a big TV fan as well as a magazine reader / collector, I always look forward to these issues. The cover date of this issue is September 15-21, 2012, with a cover price of $4.99.
Along with all the weekly TV listings (which I haven't looked at in years), you will find a listing of all the returning series for the new season. The list of my favorite returning shows includes: Big Bang Theory, 2 Broke Girls, 30 Rock, Community, Don't Trust the B.... In Apartment 23, How I Met Your Mother, Last Man Standing, The Middle, Modern Family, The Office, Raising Hope, Subugatory, Supernatural, and two shows that were not listed in this issue, but I happen to know are returning, Burn Notice and my favorite current TV show, Psych!
Check out the list of cancelled shows. Of the 45 shows on the list, the only ones I will miss are Chuck (which I knew was in its last season last year), Breaking In (which was not that good once they brought it back from the dead), and Rob which was good but not great - I mostly liked Fernando (Cheech Marin) and his goofy brother in law Hector.

Then there are new shows from last season that have been renewed. There are 4 new shows from last season that are on my PVR record list; 2 Broke Girls, Don't Trust the B... In Apartment 23, Last Man Standing, and Suburgatory. I started watching Up All Night and Whitney, but I was ignoring both by mid season.
I've got a ton of shows I am recording / watching each week, so its a good thing I spend the later half of the summer watching / deleting everything off my my PVR so that I have space for all the new shows I will be watching!

No comments: